A text-file based thing for practising Git Flow workflow. Follow the git flow model and take one feature per person. Don’t worry about Hotfix branches for now: concentrate on using
feature branches, and use
git tag for a release.
To get your code into our text application thing:
- Push your feature branch to GitHub.
- Make a Pull Request on GitHub for merging your feature branch into develop.
- Ask someone to review your Pull Request, and give you a :+1: in a comment when they are happy.
- Merge the Pull Request on GitHub.
Get started by doing a
git clone on this repo. Then look at Feature List Part 1, then Part 2.
- Why use
developas the main branch instead of
- What state should
masterbe in, for tests?
- What happened when you pushed and pulled
- What branches are allowed to merge into and out of
- What does
git tagdo and why is it useful?